In the old days, when a family transfers from one home to another, it is a drag. They literally carry everything they want to bring with them to the new house and then, imagine the horror – position all of the things inside the house – by themselves too! Ultimate terror! Good thing now that there is a professional piano moving company available anytime; moving has never been so easy.
But beware, people. The sign: MOVERS AVAILABLE is tempting. A lot of complaints have been heard and yet nothing was done about it regarding moving companies who exert the statement: WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DAMAGES. This is so unfair and yet, it happens. So to avoid these troubles, you have to be meticulous enough in picking the company to hire.
- If the company hands you a contract to sign prior to the move, you have to read it thoroughly. You have to know the extent of their liability to you. The professional moving company must give you assurance that the move will be as smooth as possible and that your things are given due care. If they have insurance, that is even better.
- You have to check work experiences of the employee handling your move. Some companies, to save a few bucks, will hire people even without proper training. This is where mishaps happen – in the hands of the inexperienced. If the company cannot present a stellar file, ditch it.
- Ask for the quoted amount. Require the company to present a summary of billing to you before the move. If they cannot provide it, then, they are hiding something. If they can, then, expect that the quoted amount will be the estimated cost. A professional moving company has fixed rates depending upon factors like distance, cargo and other fees. If there are shady charges, do not waste your time on them.
- If you are tight on budget, then, let them know your limitations. The movers might negotiate with you and if they will, that is a keeper. A company who will deny your budget is insensitive. You are better off researching other companies who will give you the time of their day at your most convenient price.
- Ask feedback from other people. Your neighbors may know a professional moving company who has made them satisfied. Give them a call and ask for an estimate. A good company will always provide assistance and answer your queries beforehand.
Being careful with a lot of needs on your part will be a bit pricey. But will you trust your grandfather’s clock to a bunch of newbies? Are you sure your grand piano will not break a string in the hands of your movers? These are some problems with so called professional moving company – customer service sucks. A little bit of research will work wonders for you.